La famille Toofa et Jonas
KIAORA! Im now back in the home land of Makemo, heureusement lol I will never complain about Makemo ever
again. I loved the people of Taenga but would go absolutely nuts living there. All they do is fish, copra (harvest coconut oil), and drink (not everyone) then do it all over again everyday. That sounds like absolute hell to me but if they like their life whatever
Saturday was a special day! 4 of our friends got baptised. The Toofa family and a 15 year old kid named Jonas. It always makes me nervous being the witness cause Tahitians have like 5 long complicated name. Also baptisms in the ocean for the win, no fuss no muss with cleaning and filling the font, they are so easy. But really the most important part about baptisms are the promises we make with God. I think sometimes it's easy to forget our baptism covenants; especially to take the name of Jesus Christ upon us. It's pretty easy on the mission when you literally wear His name on your chest everyday. We are "official" representatives but when we are baptised we are all representatives. I was a horrible representative of Jesus before my mission, but that is why repentances is so lit. Like literally what a gift that we can become new better people because of Him! I love Jesus
Also happy St Patrick's day. I'm so freaking sad they don't celebrate it here but luckily they have canned corn beef 
OH transfers happened and I now have a new Tahitian companion!
-Tuahine Oveson (tuahine cuz im finna learn tahitian this transfer
)
I am so proud of you
ReplyDelete