Nana Tahiti
Bonjour :)
I can't believe this is my very last weekly email! Shoutout to you all for being on this for the last 18 months. I've appreciated all the emails even if I didn't get a chance to respond. You all are the best!
We are meeting with a woman named Daisy who joined the church A WHILE ago and then went inactive 3 years later. Usually in cases like these it's because they were offended by something someone said at church. Or at least thats what I assumed. But I was wrong. She told us that she loved everything about the church, the members, the temple, the music but something she never understood was The Book of Mormon. Daisy has been sealed in the temple but still went inactive because she didn't have a testimony of The Book of Mormon. I couldn't believe it!!! It REALLY strengthened my testimony even more of the truthfulness of that book. We are now reading it page by page while explaining it. Its honestly only of my favorite things to do is to start from 1 Nephi 1 and watch them finally understand it. I love that book!
I just wanted to end this email by saying how grateful I am for my mission. It's NOTHING like what I thought it would be but it was exactly what I needed. I was not even close to being a perfect missionary. I've never felt so inadequate but i've also never felt so much joy. Literal pure joy from watching someone be able to change and repent. I wouldn't trade the experiences i've had for anything because those experiences helped me gain a testimony of Jesus Christ. I know he lives and I know he changes lives. His grace is sufficient for all who to come unto him. I know the Book of Mormon is true. Jesus did go to ancient America and he did establish his church. The same church we have today! There is nothing anyone could say or do to change my mind.
From Crystal Lake, to North Shore, to Makemo, Afaahiti and finally Pape'ete I can't begin to describe my love for everyone i've been able to meet. God has a Plan for you! Trust in Him!
Although I'm sad to be finishing this chapter of my life I can't wait to continue to help others come unto Christ at home. And I'm also super excited to see you all again!!
If you want to come to my homecoming, it will be this sunday at 9am!
Nana,
-Sœur Oveson
I can't believe this is my very last weekly email! Shoutout to you all for being on this for the last 18 months. I've appreciated all the emails even if I didn't get a chance to respond. You all are the best!
We are meeting with a woman named Daisy who joined the church A WHILE ago and then went inactive 3 years later. Usually in cases like these it's because they were offended by something someone said at church. Or at least thats what I assumed. But I was wrong. She told us that she loved everything about the church, the members, the temple, the music but something she never understood was The Book of Mormon. Daisy has been sealed in the temple but still went inactive because she didn't have a testimony of The Book of Mormon. I couldn't believe it!!! It REALLY strengthened my testimony even more of the truthfulness of that book. We are now reading it page by page while explaining it. Its honestly only of my favorite things to do is to start from 1 Nephi 1 and watch them finally understand it. I love that book!
I just wanted to end this email by saying how grateful I am for my mission. It's NOTHING like what I thought it would be but it was exactly what I needed. I was not even close to being a perfect missionary. I've never felt so inadequate but i've also never felt so much joy. Literal pure joy from watching someone be able to change and repent. I wouldn't trade the experiences i've had for anything because those experiences helped me gain a testimony of Jesus Christ. I know he lives and I know he changes lives. His grace is sufficient for all who to come unto him. I know the Book of Mormon is true. Jesus did go to ancient America and he did establish his church. The same church we have today! There is nothing anyone could say or do to change my mind.
From Crystal Lake, to North Shore, to Makemo, Afaahiti and finally Pape'ete I can't begin to describe my love for everyone i've been able to meet. God has a Plan for you! Trust in Him!
Although I'm sad to be finishing this chapter of my life I can't wait to continue to help others come unto Christ at home. And I'm also super excited to see you all again!!
If you want to come to my homecoming, it will be this sunday at 9am!
Nana,
-Sœur Oveson








Comments
Post a Comment